How do you add new Startup programs in Windows 10?

PC, Tablet, Smart Phone, modd, Android, macOS, Windows, or anything to do with hardware and software in your devices
Mitch

How do you add new Startup programs in Windows 10?

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:42 pm

I know that in Windows 10 - the startup programs are now listed under the Task Manager>Startup tab. And that is great - but how do I add additional software apps to the startup list? For example Google Chrome web browser is in my startup tab on default - but how do I add Firefox or Internet Explorer or even MS Word to the startup list so they are in there permanently?

To do that simply :
Place a shortcut in the following location C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (the shortcut of the application)

Go to the program you want to add to StartUp > right click at the program > click Create Shortcut > save it to a folder or to your desktop > right click at the shortcut > click Copy.

Open Run > at the Run box, type %AppData% > click OK .

You are now on Roaming window > right side, click open Microsoft > scroll down and click open Windows > click open Start Menu > click open Programs > click open Startup

you are now at Startup window > right side, right click at an open spot > click Paste > the program you want to add is now in the Startup.

Return to “HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE”

Links

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests
Registered users: Google [Bot]
Most users ever online was 90 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:56 pm
Total posts 536
Total topics 414
Total members 73
Our newest member Kelly
No birthdays today